I saw some questions on the CrossFit Endurance site this week about how to set up the C2 to measure watts while doing a Tabata 20:10 short interval workout. I think the CFE crew threw a curveball to the community when they switched from “post your meters” to “post your watts,” but in fact average watts is a much more granular measurement that is better suited to super-short intervals, and it is a measurement that people in multi-sport disciplines are familiar with as a baseline. It’s easy to set up the C2 for this. Here’s a video link that shows how:
- From main menu, hit Select Workout->New Workout->Intervals: Time.
- Use the +/- keys to set up 0:20 work time, then hit right arrow twice, set up 0:10 rest time, then hit the checkmark button to start.
- Hit the Change Units button until the display shows watts.
- Do the WOD (C2 will display the interval number so you can keep track).
- After the last interval, hit the Main Menu button to stop the interval timer.
- After you recover, hit More Information->Memory, and the Magnifying Glass to bring up the results of your WOD, which will show split time, watts, and stroke rate for each interval. I usually take a picture of it with my phone for my logbook.